Bathroom Remodel At Mom's House - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Bathroom remodel at Mom's house

I've been bugging my mom for years to do some improvements to her house, it's been a long time since shes done anything.

So for the first project I started with her half bath in the basement. We painted, new flooring (Vinyl plank flooring), new baseboards, new vanity/sink/faucet, new toilet, towel bar, mirror and ceiling light.

The toilet and sink were the biggest pains, a 12" toilet was too big by maybe 1/4" so we had to find a 10" toilet which thankfully a local hardware store (Rona) carries so we didn't need to order a custom toilet.

The old P-trap was completely rotten, I knocked it with my thumb and it broke in half. After replacing that we found that the drain pipe sat too far away from the p-trap so I had to attach a few ABS pieces to extend the trap out far enough.

Other then that the hardest part was getting my mom to make a decision. This was the first time I had done this much to a room so there were a lot of extra trips to the hardware store but I learned a lot so in the end I was happy and my mom was happy with it.

Advertisement

cdnNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,018

Looks great!

Advertisement

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,342

It looks great! Thanks for showing us. How nice to do something like that for your mom.

Barb
gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

Thanks! I hope to get the full bath done this fall before my 2nd son arrives and then we'll probably start on the kitchen, that room is stuck in the 70s lol.
cdnNick is offline   Reply With Quote