Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #1

Share |

Basement 1/2 bath--full bath conversion

Well,I would like to thank all the members for the information provided on this site. I came here looking for a lot o f answers. I had a major moldy nasty 1/2 bath in my basement, it had a toilet that rocked, peeling wallpaper, molded base boards and water gooshed over your sneakers when you sat down. The drop ceiling was also a great feature...YACK.. We gutted the bathrrom and found the studs were completely moldy so they went also. Then we stood back and thought...omg what did we get in too. We ended up having to replace all of the plumbing and we had to re run all the electric adding its own breaker. We came here and found a lot of answers, I think we have found to many answers to the point we have decided to make this a Full bath, which involved cutting the basement floor up and adding a shower drain..Any how the progress took a lot longer than expected, between weekend work only and waiting for our tile. We started the project in February and are just comeing to the closing details. The tile alone took 5 months to get. Again I just want to thank everyone,,even for just posting bathroom remodels and such they do really add a lot of info, and thanks to all of those whom responded to my dumb questions. Photos are enclosed and the finals will be updated within a week or so...

Before

Progress

\

Last edited by Demochick; 06-30-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Demochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Drywall and Painting Pro

WOW! You went all out. It's funny how a small job snowballs into a full on renovation. I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come. Congratulations. It turned out very nice.

Sir MixAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #3

I really like the blue tiles. Very nice job!
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote