Got started taking the room down. Didn't plan on the double roof! The base of the thing was already rotting; wouldn't have made it too many more years.
Didn't finish; the dump closed earlier than I thought so next weekend we'll do a few more trips and that will be everything. Will be cheaper than the dumpster; though a little time wasted.
The room was literally caulked to the house (except the roof; which IS a big huge stubborn million nail roof).
Here is the fun stuff:
Walls that were caulked on to the house:
Since the "foundation" was rotting, it was already sinking in the NW corner:
Leveling compound makes a great doorway:
One last look:
We cut the roof off so we could demo the room quickly and carefully remove the pieces later:
Removed the front wall, then up the center so it would fall inward at that point
One wall didn't come all the way down with the rest, but we got her:
A picture of the rotting "Foundation"
Will post more after the rest of the cleanup and then again when the wall is fully repaired.
Edit: That is my best friend in the pics; not me.