Didnt want to deal with a dumpster. I had limited time to work in here and didnt want the dumpster sitting in front of the house for months. If i had a month off from work to do the demo all at once i would def get a dumpster.
I also used the old lathe strips to shim out a couple of studs. Some of the ceiling stud were sagging or were twisted. I fixed that by running a long 2 by four perpendicular to the ceiling beams from wall to wall and running a screw through the support beam into each ceiling beam. That pulled them all into line relative to each other. As far as the one wall that i took out, i cut up all the beams and used them for bracing in all the interior walls as there wasn't any bracing there at all.
Tool rental didn't make sense because i only work when i have time and renting a drywall lift for a whole month would be costly. I made myself a T out of a couple beams and that worked out pretty well other than the time one of them landed on my laptop taking out the screen