Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

1910 Bungalow Remodel

Things are wrapping up for our upstairs remodel of our home. We stayed in the house (lived downstairs) while the contractor did the work, which started in back in May.

Some of the revisions include:

1. Adding Central HVAC
2. Moving the Laundry room upstairs
3. Creating a master suite from two bedrooms
4. Creating a new master bathroom
5. Some new windows installed

To see pictures of the project: http://www.freewebs.com/klafollette/photos121707.htm

argana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Landscape contractor

1910 Bungalow Remodel

Sweet pics , that's a beautiful place! We just moved out of a great bungalow 3yrs ago. We didn't want to leave but the neighborhood was getting pretty bad ( too many unkept rentals with not- so- nice people). I have two small girls and thought it was time to get out. Ours was also a historic home that had been moved in 1930 to a location 3-blocks away from it's present site. We miss our front porch reeeeeeallly bad! The porch on yours is incredible! Thanks for the pick-me-up, our new house is a 1950's Ranch, which I'm gonna convert to a bungalow!

timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #3

1910 Bungalow Remodel

what does this have to do with DIY?
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:01 AM   #4

1910 Bungalow Remodel

Wow! I'm very impressed. I don't know if I could live with contractors in my house all the time. The rooms look fabulous! Congratulations!

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 05-10-2008 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Site Violation: Advertising Link Removed
CountryGirl49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:55 AM   #5
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

1910 Bungalow Remodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
what does this have to do with DIY?
Now: I must say, I looked at the pictures before realizing that the member had hired a contractor. I thought..wow, these home owners are pretty darn good!

To a certain degree, the Home Owners had some say in the design, paint, materials used, etc. I still think that it is a good post, because it shows members what they can do in their own home, whether they DIY, hire a contractor for some & DIY other portions, or simply act as their own GC, while hiring subcontractors to do the work.

A home owner's imagination, ideas, designs, & choices...are still things that they can be proud of and share with others. It also serves as a motivation for others to do work on their own home, or get ideas... (Infact, when looking thru home magazines, or watching DIY shows on TV/Cable, who do you think has done the work?....99% of the time it's done by hired contractors/pros)

I am currently remodeling a 1930's New England Farm House - I plan on moving into this month (hopefully). When I am done with phase one (1 of 10), I am thinking of posting the before and after pics. Yes, I am a GC, but I hope that the pics will show people the options and ideas, to what can be done to improve their own home. Maybe it will give motivation for some to do more with theirs.

Congratulations argana

Nice House!

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 05-10-2008 at 05:52 AM.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #6

1910 Bungalow Remodel

on the house.

Good Luck on the next month move Atlantic.

mark942 is offline   Reply With Quote