Whirlpool Washer Intermittent - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Whirlpool washer intermittent

I'm seldom stuck when repairing appliances, but this one got me. The washer is an old LSP8245AW0. The symptom is in wash cycle it will turn on for about 10 seconds and stop, then when the motor cools down it will turn back on for less than 10 seconds, and so on. Every time the motor gets hotter and hotter, the thermal switch cuts it out. I've replaced the timer and the motor itself, which cost me a total of 160 bucks. It's still cutting out. The only 3 switches left are water level, speed cycle, water temp. Which one do you think will fix it? I'm inclined to suspect the speed cycle switch, but I've been wrong twice before and it cost me more than half the price of a new washer. I don't have a strong reason the suspect the cycle switch, but it's the closest to what channels electricity to the motor. Thanks a million for the one who gives the correct diagnosis.

Advertisement

xsltuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Whirlpool washer intermittent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsltuser View Post
I'm seldom stuck when repairing appliances, but this one got me. The washer is an old LSP8245AW0. The symptom is in wash cycle it will turn on for about 10 seconds and stop, then when the motor cools down it will turn back on for less than 10 seconds, and so on. Every time the motor gets hotter and hotter, the thermal switch cuts it out. I've replaced the timer and the motor itself, which cost me a total of 160 bucks. It's still cutting out. The only 3 switches left are water level, speed cycle, water temp. Which one do you think will fix it? I'm inclined to suspect the speed cycle switch, but I've been wrong twice before and it cost me more than half the price of a new washer. I don't have a strong reason the suspect the cycle switch, but it's the closest to what channels electricity to the motor. Thanks a million for the one who gives the correct diagnosis.
start capacitor

Advertisement

robert1633 is offline   Reply With Quote