DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Whirlpool Microwave light issue

76K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Wahoo100 
#1 ·
Microwave is model # MH6130XEQ
My wife was cooking dinner tonight and hit the button to turn on the light underneath the microwave so she'd have some extra light on the stove and she said she heard something pop like the little light bulb blew or something. I noticed there was no power at all to the microwave so I checked the breakers in the breaker panel and sure enough one had flipped so I flipped it back to normal position and the microwave came to life again. The weird thing is that now the light won't go off. You can push the light button all you want but it doesn't go off or cycle through the Hi-Low-Off setting either. I tried unplugging the microwave for 30 seconds or so to let it reset but as soon as I plugged it back in the light is on. Again, this is the light underneath with the vendhood thing. The fan runs like normal the microwave still works to heat food. Just can't get the light to turn off. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
Hi,

MH6130XEQ
Found MH6130XEQ0 MH6130XEQ1 MH6130XEQ2

The weird thing is that now the light won't go off. You can push the light button all you want but it doesn't go off or cycle through the Hi-Low-Off setting either.
Sounds like the board was damaged and now is stuck in the on position....all of the time.

Power control board

jeff.

#3 ·
Hey Jeff, thx for the info. I realized that we got a home warranty when we bought the house last year so I called and the microwave is covered. $60 deductible to get it fixed. Cheaper than the power board so figured it was the best way to go. I'll post back after repairs are done with what the issue was.

#7 ·
Stick another feather in the ol' hat Jeff!! Part finally came in and took the repair guy all of about 5 minutes to get it put in. All is working great (we even think the LED display is a bit brighter but may just because it was off for a couple weeks).

My back is feeling better so may be about time to tackle the fridge and it's icemaker issue now. :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.