Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

whirlpool icemaker wiring question

I have a whirlpool sidemount icemaker that has a broken plastic post in the center of the dial on the power module. I have a replacement whirlpool(new for free) icemaker from a friend. This icemaker has a screw in the dial. Original ice maker has a plug in the power module but the new one looks like the wire is molded into the power module. Will this unit work correctly if I splice the wires and if so what would the wire color connection be?

dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

No, the icemaker you got will not work and I do not recommend splicing the wires. You can replace the electronic head or the whole icemaker.

Last edited by Scuba_Dave; 09-30-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: removed adv link in post
applianceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks for your reply. I believe that I can fix my original icemaker if I just had the white cam that has the posts that the dial fits onto. I discovered that the "no ice" bar had probably been forced and that kept the gear from turning freely. It seems ok now if I just had this piece replaced. I looked on the whirlpool site and the icemaker parts list for my model fridge was completely different from what I have. Do you know the model of my icemaker and where I can get the partlist and maybe also the part? It's the Whirlpool with the ice maker on the side and it has the power module with all the test points and the split plastic pin holding the dial on.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

As far as I know you can’t get just that part you have to buy the module/motor the part number is 628366.

Last edited by Scuba_Dave; 09-30-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: removed adv link in post
applianceman is offline   Reply With Quote