Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

whirlpool ice despenser

The coupling blade that fits into the back of my whirlpool ed5fhexnb00 fridge slips when trying to turn the cam that moves the ice. Does anyone know where I can get a parts drawing or if I can just JB Weld the blade to the metal collar in front of it. How does this collar and blade come off?

dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,004

whirlpool ice despenser

I don't have the answer to this one. IF I had this situation I would do a search for "Appliance Repair", have my model and serial number handy to find a break-down of this unit to see if it can be repaired. "Repair Clinic" is a good place for help, there are others also. By stating that the coupling blade connects into the back of the unit sounds like my Amana unit. Does yours have an ice bucket/auger unit that is built in together as mine is? I pulled mine out to check and it looks as if the coupling blade is "swedged" onto the shaft of the motor unit. OR-is yours a unit that everything is mounted so the motor unit is at the front of the freezer? IF this is the case, these units are easily removed from the freezer section to analyze, and hopefully repair. Good Luck, David

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

whirlpool ice despenser

There was a recall,in 06,07 on this situation. Retired at the end of 07,not sure if still in effect.Not expensive,or hard,to repair.Just order coupling for your model,and replace. The threads are left handed.The problem,was a cold weld on the coupling. Hope this helps
d scott is offline   Reply With Quote