Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #1

Share |

Whirlpool Fridge Icemaker

I have a Whirlpool side-by-side fridge with a water dispenser and ice maker. The water is coming out fine but it won't make any ice. There isn't even any water getting into the ice tray to freeze. I'm not sure if the infrared sensor measuring the ice levels is broken, or if there is a water flow problem to the ice tray? Anyone have any ideas?

thelocke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 AM   #2

This is a common problem faced by the homemaker. Even I too had the same problem. Actually there may be problem with the infrared sensor . I also feel the water is not actually getting into the tray. But nothing to worry. When I had this problem I asked my dealer to attend to it. We had
it repaired in a day. You can also contact the local whirlpool showroom and get better information.
--------------------------
Kate Johnson

Guaranteed ROI

Kate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #3

Are you still having trouble??? Where are the icemaker fingers pointed?? How old is it?? Do you get 2 flashes of the red light on the optics when you open the door??
sv9779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #4

i do get the red lights flashing on the optics when i open the freezer door. it is only a few years old. do you know what my problem is?
thelocke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #5

The flashing every 2 seconds indicate the optics are ok. Where are the fingers of the icemaker pointing? They should be around the 2 oclock position. If they are pointed down in the tray, pull the icemaker out and take the cover off. See if the shaft on the big gear is broken. If all that is ok, check to make sure the fill tube coming out of the ceiling isn't frozen shut.
sv9779 is offline   Reply With Quote