DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Appliances (
-   -   Whirlpool Dryer, What is this? (

Doc Holliday 11-07-2011 06:17 PM

Whirlpool Dryer, What is this?
There is a removable plastic almost rubber mounted plate on the inside of the dryer, where the clothes go, that is covered in an almost candle like wax. The word "REPLACE" is under the wax type substance. I scraped the substance off and banged the "mount" against a wall so I could see it, successfully cleaning it in the process, I guess.

What is that and why is it there? And what's that substance?

I'll try and post a pic in a bit.


jfrotten 11-07-2011 06:39 PM

It's like a long term dryer sheet. You can buy refills once it runs out. I think it's made by bounty...

Doc Holliday 11-07-2011 06:55 PM

Uh oh. That means I removed all of the dryer sheet substance, successfully killing that one. Damn! :(

Doc Holliday 11-07-2011 07:04 PM

Next time I'll ask first! :thumbup:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.