Shortly after replacing my dryer plug (3 prong) it began to give slight shocks when touching various metal parts. I let it go because the shocks were not that bad (I know not good).
So recently the dryer belt broke and while replacing I decided to check the ground wire(s) clean the entire inside and do a visual exam of all the wires in the dryer. Everything appears to be connected correctly with no damaged wires. I figured it might have been a bad plug so I replaced that as well.
Turned the dryer on (without exhaust duct connected) and touched in the areas where the shocks had been occurring and nothing. Connected the exhaust duct, washed a small load of laundry, put in the dryer and when the load finished.................... got shocked.