||06-09-2009 11:33 AM
Whirlpool Creaking Ice Maker
12 year old side by side. Ice maker creaking like ice is stuck or something's blocking mechanism. creaks when arm up and down. Must I call licensed repairman? Or may I fix myself. Seems like this happened once before.
I just heard it fill even though I thought tray was full of ice and arm is up (off)...
||06-12-2009 10:01 AM
Not exactly sure what you mean by creaking, but I can give you a quick rundown on some of the many noises your freezer / icemaker makes:
- clicking sounds are caused by defrost timer switches, temperature control units, compressors starting, and solenoids opening and closing the water valve.
- bubbling and gurgling sounds may be due to the circulation of refrigerant, and water flowing through feed lines or draining during defrost cycles.
- crackling or popping sounds may be related to water dripping on the defrost heater, coils expanding or contracting, or refrigerator panels expanding or contracting.
- drips may be related to the defrost cycle or a leak.
- and a buzzing sound may be related to the compressor or from the water dispenser a few seconds after using it.
For more advice go to AP Wagner Appliance Parts
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.
Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved