What Type Of Microwave To Buy? - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

What type of microwave to buy?

I am looking for a new microwave for my house. I currently have a Whirlpool but it broke and customer service was horrible, so I am moving on to a different brand. What are some brands that you have had positive experiences with?

Advertisement

bcgolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

I don't have one anymore. One day it occurred to me that I've never seen a cooking show on TV where they used a microwave. Don't really miss it.

Advertisement

pyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,040

"bcgolf3", that is a loaded question, as there are so many different manufacturers of micro-wave ovens out there now. The truth be known, most of them may buy their components from the same suppliers, or may even have the same company make them to each manufacturers specs and then slap the name brand on them. If I may say so--I bought my last micro-wave oven over 20 years ago, a Kenmore brand, back when Kenmore meant something. It is still working, never a problem (hear me knocking on wood?) so far. Personally: I would go looking for the best money bargain I can find, as most of them nowadays, IMO, are just "throw away" items when they burp. OH--and you are correct about the cooking shows not having any. Good Luck, David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote