Washing Machine Wont Spin - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

washing machine wont spin

I have a whirlpool model # LSQ9549LWO washing machine that wont spin. It does agitate and does drain water, it just wont spin. Please Help.

Advertisement

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 680

http://www.repairclinic.com/Washing-...=#itdoesntspin

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,070

most likely cause would be the lid switch
Old 09-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

It still can agitate, would it be able to do this if the lid switch was faulty
BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,070

yes it will
Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Bombastic Idiot

Rewards Points: 500
Exclamation

Most likely areas of problems in order of ease of quick check and repair; Hardware's switch and tab that operate it, timer and connections to it, transmission/clutch/brake electrical connections to it.
Check that little tab on lid is intact, may look OK but with washer set on spin poke a Popsicle stick or similar down slot feel if switch operates and tub spins. Open and lift top deck, switch is mounted to its under side, look to see wires are connected, with dry non conducting stick, push the spring or button on switch down. Unplug washer Jiggle wires, trace wires as far as you can see, look for breaks, nicks, kinks, note colors/stripes of wires, disconnect at switch, clean connectors, reconnect. Plug in washer, do the stick thing. Unplug again, disconnect switch, jump across or connect the two wires, make sure they are insulated and can't touch any thing, plug in washer. If it spins, switch is bad, it is inexpensive, easy to replace. Maybe replace tab while your at it.
Timer, Unplug Washer, open control panel, about all you can do is check wire and connection, see if you can find same color/stripe wire from switch, actually checking timer requires meter and manual, timer manual and wiring diagram often rolled up and tucked into control compartment.
Transmission.Washer still unplugged, remove back or access panel on it, all you can do is check wires from lid switch and timer, should be another handy wiring diagram on inside of back, look for oil leak.
Transmission difficult to remove and dissassemble, Kinda neat seein all the parts and how they fit togetherand make the washer do all sorts of complicated things. Not so nifty tryin to remember where all the parts, some real little and springs that gotta be held and fly across the room cause I only got two hands and why does it have to be so complicated? the things a washer does are all so simple! And call the parts house and"Whadda ya mean the transmission only comes as part of the entire expensive motor assembly? ! And where's the wash tub, rub board and wringer? And yes, honey, I do think those giant bright colored sleekly designed washers at HD are real nice. (there went the new boat) Matching dryer? But I can get the old one working just fi...( there went the new boat motor for the old boat) What? HD has dish washers too? Used boat for sale. Motor runs great, recently rebuilt by owner.
So, BC, its probably the switch.

Couldn't get joe's link to spin,er, load. Little arrow was spinnin real good. So don't know if it went over any of this.Probably did most sites is smarter than me.

Advertisement

Last edited by notmrjohn; 09-11-2012 at 12:47 PM.
notmrjohn is offline   Reply With Quote