Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Unhappy

Wall oven broiler not firing up all the way! Gaffers & Sattler

Hello,
We have an old 1973 Keywest Mobile Home with a 1972 GAS Gaffers & Sattler Wall Oven/Broiler (model R922-4) that the broiler valves are not opening up all the way and the flame is less than desirable.

There is a pilot light,and the oven seems to be operating fine,but when we turn on the broiler,the oven flame stays the same.

I don't know if I could try to repair this myself, or even open any screws up more to allow more heat, I don't think the thermo coulple is out, because we do get a pilot light.....Given the age I should just replace it. It's very difficult to find replacement wall oven for this mobile home.
Thank you for any help! James

Bozo4ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #2

How did you find the model number? I have a similar 1973 Fleetwood home with a Gaffers & Sattler Double Wall Oven/Broiler. Where on this unit is the model number? It has the Eloquence name on the front control panel. Do I have to remove the oven from the wall to access the model# & serial#?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo4ovens View Post
Hello,
We have an old 1973 Keywest Mobile Home with a 1972 GAS Gaffers & Sattler Wall Oven/Broiler (model R922-4) that the broiler valves are not opening up all the way and the flame is less than desirable.

There is a pilot light,and the oven seems to be operating fine,but when we turn on the broiler,the oven flame stays the same.

I don't know if I could try to repair this myself, or even open any screws up more to allow more heat, I don't think the thermo coulple is out, because we do get a pilot light.....Given the age I should just replace it. It's very difficult to find replacement wall oven for this mobile home.
Thank you for any help! James

kenmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #3

Since it's only the broiler.. It could be something as simple as a partially blocked blocked orfice or burner..
Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broiler, gaffers and sattler, pilot flame, r922-4, wall oven