Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #1

Share |

Wall mounting TV

I'm trying to mount my Samsung UN40EH5300F TV to the wall with a mount I've bought. On the back of the TV there are very few screw holes to which I can bolt the mount, and none of them are in the right positions.

But there are a number of what I can best describe as dimples which look to be in suitable positions, so I am guessing that they are threaded holes covered with the plastic of the TV casing, and that I can just screw into them.

However, I know nothing at all about this sort of thing and was wondering if I could get some advise from others who do know a bit as to whether my guess is likely to be correct, before I start trying to screw bolts into the back of the TV.

Thanks for any advice or tips.

Budfudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #2

Wall mounting TV

There should be four threaded bolt holes on the back of your TV. If they aren't in the right spot, then you have an odd mount or you've done something wrong. Your TV has a VESA 400x400 mounting pattern which is pretty standard. I'd suggest you not make any holes in your TV where there aren't any already, lest you screw into a control board or part of the screen. The threaded holes are specifically designed to bear the weight of the TV. The plastic case is not.

Last edited by iminaquagmire; 03-30-2014 at 10:55 PM.
iminaquagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iminaquagmire For This Useful Post:
joecaption (03-31-2014)
Old 04-17-2014, 11:47 AM   #3

Wall mounting TV

Holes should be in appropriate spots on the back of your TV. You shouldn't have to drill any plastic. Something isn't right here. I would verify that the mount you purchased will work for the size of TV that you're trying to mount.
Bortso is offline   Reply With Quote