DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Upright Electrolux/Frigidaire ice maker question

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Michaelpro 
#1 ·
Just got my first ice maker ever hooked up and I know it will be AMAZING! No more annoying ice trays that every one else in the family 'forgets' to fill back up!

That being said. Is there any way to decrease the ice harvest time without lowering the temp of the fridge? The reason I ask is because it seems the cubes are frozen solid for a good 80 minutes or more before the gear operates to dump them. The full cycle takes almost 2 hours...:eek:

Is there an adjustment somewhere or is it just the way it is. I assume it is fixed, but it never hurts to ask. The icemaker is here.

#2 ·
No. that i/m cycles based on frz temp. can't really assign a time to these as they're are variables involved. but all things being equal- two hrs seems excessive. this is an add on kit? didn't come with i/m already installed? some models you have to turn a vent around when instl a i/m. see if it's in your owners guide to do this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.