I have a Frigidaire LFHT1513 unit. Freezer on top. No auto-water. Just a small backup unit.
A week ago I noticed the fridge stopped cooling and the freezer was icing over. The compressor had stopped, and all i heard was an odd ticking sound in the fridge control unit.
1. I tested the freezer fan; it worked fine.
2. I tested the compressor; it was fine.
3. The start relay was rattling, and it seemed like it failed as a result of the fan up top failing and icing things up.
4. I also noticed the defrost timer's gear assembly had a piece slip out of place (don't know how that happens). So I rebuilt it and put it back in.
5. I replaced the start relay with a new one.
6. The fridge worked fine for about a week
Then I noticed the compressor is still working, on it's schedule, but the freezer fan isn't pushing air any longer. We're getting iced up again up top, and the fridge is failing below.
So, I have some questions:
1. does it seem like the fan in the freezer is bad? I tested it from an independent power source and it worked fine. But, it was tested only for a moment--I did not do an endurance test on it.
2. The freezer fan works according to the contact positions in the defrost controller's cam lobe. If the fridge has power, compressor and fan work, and the lights are on inside, shouldn't the freezer fan work too?
I don't recall seeing any relays up top--only harnesses to connect the fan to the back wall of the freezer.