Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #1

Share |

Thermador oven going nuts

My Thermador CM302 oven warms up and then, sometimes shuts itself off and starts beeping repeatedly until I hit the touchpad a few times or open and close the oven. It will sometimes start working again and sometimes not.

I think I've isolated the problem to one of two ovens, the top one. The lower oven doesn't seem to cause the problem, though it's intermittent, so I'm not absolutely sure.

About a month ago the element burned up in the lower oven (quite a light show). I replaced it and it is fine now. I'm wondering if the upper element might be shorting out or something and need replacement, too, since they're both the same age (though I suspect the upper has seen more use). Could that cause the problem I'm having? I don't get any error message on the readout.

cbuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beep, oven, thermador