Thermador GSC30CV - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

Old 10-30-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Rewards Points: 4

Thermador GSC30CV

Hi folks,
I am new here, I found this site while searching the internet trying to find out how to fix my oven. My sister gave me her Thermador GSC30cv range when she remodeled her kitchen a few years ago. It sat in our basement for about 3 years. Then we bought a new (old) house and built the kitchen around the range. It worked perfect when she took it out. But now the oven will not work. I can set the oven temperature and it acts like it is going to heat up but I do not hear the fan come on and after a few seconds beeps and shuts off. It has been doing that since July and twice I was able to set it over and over and finally it did heat up correctly and baked just fine but the next time it was back to the same old problem. Any help would be much appreciated!!!! Thanksgiving is around the corner and my wife says "no oven, no turkey!" So I am really trying to get this thing to work. Thank you!

hollilsmalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
Rewards Points: 882

What caught my eye was the "new (old) house". Is the range plugged into a 3-wire or 4-wire receptical? According to the service manual (link below), a 4-wire supply (Hot, Hot, Neutral and Ground) is required. The stove circuit in many older houses have only 3 conductors (Hot, Hot and Ground).

If the unit is on a 4-wire circuit, the manual seems to have a pretty good trouble section.

Themador Service Manual

Any mention of codes is based on NFPA 70 and/or 72, as applicable, because they are the most widely adopted codes in the US. Local amendments may modify the code adopted in your area, so consult your local codes official.
GrayHair is offline   Reply With Quote

oven will not heat , thermador gsc30cv