Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

tent trailer furnace no fan no heat

Hi I just got our first tent trailer for my girls and myself I was told everything is working of course its not the heater wont come on at all I checked the thermostat seems like the metal wires are touching I looked in all cubbords seems like everything is connected I currently have it connected to the house electricity I checked the inside fuse panel all seems ok there are there more fuses anything else I could check please leave detail I'm not very good thank you Sabrina also its a 2004 palomino if that helps I have googled and googled even service manual isn't helpful

Last edited by bri5020; 05-15-2013 at 01:00 AM.
bri5020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:02 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 154

I had this issue with my trailer and it took me forever to sort it out.

First, remove the cover on the furnace and look for a breaker or a fuse in there. The one in mine was a 5 amp push-button style breaker that was fairly well hidden. You might need to reset/replace it.

You should also check to make sure the thermostat is switched on. My thermostat has a very small and unlabeled switch that needs to be in the on position. I feel kind of dumb, but I didn't even know it was there until I started taking things apart.

dftc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri5020 View Post
Hi I just got our first tent trailer for my girls and myself I was told everything is working of course its not the heater wont come on at all I checked the thermostat seems like the metal wires are touching I looked in all cubbords seems like everything is connected I currently have it connected to the house electricity I checked the inside fuse panel all seems ok there are there more fuses anything else I could check please leave detail I'm not very good thank you Sabrina also its a 2004 palomino if that helps I have googled and googled even service manual isn't helpful
You should look into getting a volt/Ohm meter. Low cost ones are all you will need for this job $10-$20. Learn how to use it (lots of online tutorials are available). This is how someone you pay will start to trouble shoot it. Sounds like voltage is not getting to where it needs to be getting to. Is this a gas unit? or is it an electric unit?. You say the fan does not come on...Does the unit heat up at all (fire)?

Also, you may need to look into getting the punctuation keys fixed on your computer. Makes reading the posts a lot easier
danpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri5020 View Post
Sorry about grammar errors as I'm typing from my phone no heat no fire up nothing it is gas as for looking for a relay or breaker do I do this from the inside fan area or outside vent area thank you for the help this far
bri5020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 510

You will have to open up the heating unit where the gas valve and electronics are located to start the trouble shooting. As someone else pointed out there may be a switch somewhere that you missed. Is the gas tank for the heater full and turned on? Do you have power to the unit itself? Do you know if this is a standing pilot unit or an electronic ignition unit?

If you can post some pictues of the heater with the front removed we may be able to see something.
danpik is offline   Reply With Quote