Summit Ff1415ss; Freezer Cools Bottom Is Not Cooling - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Summit ff1415ss; freezer cools bottom is not cooling

Hello all,
I bought a summit ff1415ss a while a go, it has been working fine for a couple years but in the past several weeks I've been having problems with the bottom part. The freezer is cooling and actually there is frost forming which might be a sign of a seal leak, i think this is a frost free fridge.

The bottom part is actually not cooling, I have checked the seal and it seems it is not making contact in several parts, I try to patch it to see if that might be the problem, it was fine for a couple days but then it went back to not cooling the bottom and frosting the freezer. I also noticed in the bottom part there is water and water drops on the roof.

I read somewhere that if you have these problems you should turn the fridge off and let it defrost for several hours(freezer door open), then turn it on, I did this and it worked fine, both(freezer and bottom) were cooling as they should, but after a couple days the freezer started forming frost and the bottom doesnt cool at all.

I was looking at replacing the seals and start there, but I tried to find summit parts specially the seal and cant seem to find these, any ideas on where to find these seals, are these like standard?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Advertisement

Last edited by Foxtrot; 02-21-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 672

Go back and add your location to your profile. Had to suggest where to find one when you could be anywhere on the planet.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Go back and add your location to your profile. Had to suggest where to find one when you could be anywhere on the planet.
Sorry about that, I just updated it. Just in case I live in Miami, FL.

your help is much appreciated.
Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote