Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #1
Maryland

Share |

Storing Appliances in Unconditioned Space

We had new appliances delivered in September to a house that we're renovating. (Refrigerator, cooktop, double wall oven, microwave, hood, washer and dryer) Unfortunately, we had some setbacks with health and the kitchen that these appliances are destined for has not yet been completed. The kitchen is gutted down to the studs and is currently not being heated. The appliances are still in their original boxes and are sitting in the adjacent dining room.

My question is this... what are the odds of damage being done to the appliances due to the lack of conditioning in the room where they're being stored? The room is subject to the same temperature and humidity as outside. My two biggest concerns are extreme cold and the possibility of condensation forming on/in the appliances.
Pittsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

no problems at all, they'll be fine.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #3

They will be just fine. If anything it adds character to the machine. Ha.
acestarservices is offline   Reply With Quote