Speed Queen - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Speed Queen

It's a shame that I never heard of these folks until last week.

My lg high falutin front loader with more computer power than my hp laptop took a second dump two weeks ago. First the discharge pump went bad, changed it, then the stator went bad. Although it has a 10 year warranty you have to pay a service tech to eval and replace. Not happening here! We got 4 and half years out of it

Anyway, we ran out to sears outlet pickup up a plain jane top loader piece of trash. Brought it home and it was DOA. Grrr.

At this time I reevaluated the whole purchase of a washer and hunkered down and educated myself. After many hours of reading I came to the conclusion that Speed Queen unequivocally is the champion. It's the type of machine that our parents and grandparents used. Solid. Heavy. Mechanical. No Lights. No computers. No fancy useless widgets. No stupid lid latch. It fills with water! Made in Wisonsin. Steel from Allegheny Ludlum. Great warranty.

So far so good. Happy happy.

Sent from my Motorola MicroTAC 9800X

Advertisement

garlicbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Electrican

Rewards Points: 1,612

Speed Queen

Best washer on the market today by far! You will love it for years.

Only down side is it fills 2/3, but the water level can be easily adjusted. In any case you won the jackpot

Advertisement

Jump-start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 334

Speed Queen

interesting to know, never heard of them but i'll keep that in mind. i have simple white kenmore old school top loader washer/dryer combo that i'll keep till they break, going on 8 years and so far so good.

it seems that with most appliances, high energy efficiency never pays out over time because cost to purchase plus cost to own over time is far greater than any efficiency gained. sometimes, small gains in efficiency translates to far more cost and complication that it is worth.

don't get me started on those over-priced and over-complicated on-demand water heaters. the 'rents have one and it has had all sorts of issues.
NitroNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:15 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 33

Speed Queen

Speed queen is also my target brand if I'm ever in the market for a washer and dryer (do they have dryers?). We have a commercial front-loading Speed queen washer in our condo and it's my favorite washer.

Can one buy a Dexter dryer for home use? It's a commercial dryer - all stainless steel and glass door. We have them and they're huge. It dries one full load of laundry in 15 min. I put in 2 full loads of laundry and they're dry in 30 min.
Druidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,070

Speed Queen

SQ washers have been first rate for years, and today they are the only one on the market that are worth anything
garlicbreath (07-26-2014)