Sheet Metal Pliers Or? - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Sheet Metal Pliers Or?

I have a Cuisinart CBK200 bread machine, with which the pans will not stay in place. At first they did, but not in any way that one would expect in a high quality device. When the paddle axle began seizing up, I contacted their support, and was provided a new pan, but it was a slightly different size than what came with it.

I attempted to bend the retainer clips to accomodate it, but without any luck. When I spoke with Cuisinart the last time, they sent me another pan the same size as the original, but with the tinkering that I did with the clips, it won't lock into place either.

The clips are sort of square U shapes, with one side riveted to the machine, and the other dangling toward the pan. The problem is that the dangling side is too long to catch over the top of the pan's attachment points.

The only solution that I have been able to think of is to either cut it a bit shorter, or to put another bend at a height that would work.

However I see no way to accomplish that in the small cramped area available. Even with sheet metal pliers their isn't enough space available to bend it because they would hit the side of the machine first.

I suppose that one might drill out the rivets and bend the clips easy enough, but that would entail having to buy some tools that I probably wouldn't use again.

I imagine that I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I was compelled to ask, and hope that someone can think of something different.

Advertisement

seekermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 684

Sheet Metal Pliers Or?

Got a picture? Sure would help if we could see what your seeing.

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Lord of Slums

Rewards Points: 640

Sheet Metal Pliers Or?

Be careful cutting or bending. No telling what some of chemical coating you are loosening up
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

Sheet Metal Pliers Or?

As it turned out, my question was unnecessary, because when I received the second replacement pan the problem disappeared. Apparently the clips do not hold the pan down as I thought, they merely keep the pan from rotating, thus the weight of the pan itself is sufficient to keep it from popping up. If allowed any rotation, the ears on the drive axle will ride under the ears on the pan axle.
seekermeister is offline   Reply With Quote