Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #1

Share |

recommendation for washing machine

I am in the process of running the lines to the top floor of my house for my washer and dryer. I love the front loading machines but I've heard so many bad things about how loud they can be along with excessive vibration. I see that Samsung has a machine that is supposed to reduce vibration - was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a quiet machine or anything else that I should be thinking about. We are already planning on tiling the area where the machines will be and adding a floor drain.

Thanks!

mazzonetv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #2

recommendation for washing machine

if you read the other posts on this you'll see i perfer G/E or Whirlpool [just think they built a better unit and easier to get parts and service if you need it]. they're both as quiet as one would expect a large appliance spinning at 1000 rpm to be...make sure your floor is reinforced to withstand the vibrations that come with these-[all]-front loaders... make sure you can access the rear for service....if the dryer is gas you'll need plenty of inlet air for the burner,so louver the door or whatever-don't seal the room...remember nothing lasts forever so don't install them and then build the room around them so you can't get them out when you replace them.--lot of thems-huh.

Jacques is offline   Reply With Quote