RCA DRB6400S Dryer Door Switch Wiring - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

RCA DRB6400S Dryer Door Switch Wiring

Hi all,

I am repairing my RCA dryer model DRB4600S (240V electric). The heating element was snapped so I restrung a new one, cleaned the interior and everything. Now I'm ready to put it back together.

When I had the front panel off, I set it aside leaning against the machine and left the wires connected. Now, I accidentally kicked it with my foot and the wires for the door switch became detached. I don't know what order they were in originally...

There are three wires leading to the switch. One is red, one is white, and one is yellow with a black stripe. The switch has three poles in a triangular arrangement. I tested the switch with my continuity tester and I know which pin is the "common" and which two pins are connected in the switch's two positions. What I don't know is which wires lead to what.

The red wire clearly leads to the light, so this obviously goes on the pin that's connected when the switch is open. What I don't know is which of the other two pins is the "common" and which is the signal to the dryer that it can run.

I don't have access to any official service manuals, and I can't find any details online. Everything simply says "note the wiring order before removing the switch." Yes, I should have done that, but I wasn't planning on having to replace the wires - at least not all three of them.

Any advice?

Thanks!

F

Advertisement

Last edited by fdmillion; 10-14-2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Wrong model number, sorry - it's a 4600S, not a 6400S...
fdmillion is offline   Reply With Quote