Range Hood Ventilation - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bedford, MA
Posts: 706
Rewards Points: 506

range hood ventilation

I will be installing a large range hood over my range. I dont have the hood yet. However I have the drywall down on my ceiling and I would like to rough in my vent pipes for the hood. The stove is not on an exterior wall so I need to run my vent over about 6', make a 90degree turn, over 6 more feet then out through the wall. I have a large soffit over the cabinets where i will run this through. Question is, what do I use for vent pipe? Do I use the flexible stuff used on a dryer vent? or do I need something different? All the hoods i have been looking at are 6" round.


Millertyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backdraft, Cold Air and Ice from Range Hood and Bath Fan Passion4Heels HVAC 13 08-19-2010 08:00 PM
Alternative to range hood fan Richo HVAC 2 04-11-2010 03:43 PM
Island Range Hood? fromwithin Appliances 0 11-25-2009 11:45 PM
Installing a range hood NewHandyman Electrical 1 08-10-2009 10:42 AM
Range Hood Ventilation powrus General DIY Discussions 2 11-25-2007 03:26 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts