Problem With Water/ice On GE Frigerator - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Problem with water/ice on GE Frigerator

Model: TFX24ZRS

Over the weekend, I hooked this frig up to a water supply line after not using the water or ice maker for the past year. Foolishly, I didn't test the water, I just assumed it would be working. After several hours, it had made very little ice. After seeing this, I tested the water dispenser and barely got a drible. I perceded to try and get water for a couple of minutes assuming that there may be air in the line but it's delivery never improved.

During my attempts to get water, one time it started following at a full rate, just as you would want (For approximately 3 seconds) then I heard some clunking noises from the back of the frig and it went back to a drible.

I disconnected the supply line and turned the water on with no issues, it is pumping plenty of water.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to my problem could be? I would appreciate some help trying to diagnose potencial issues. Thank you for your help.

Advertisement

Bigman610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Diesel Fitter

Rewards Points: 150

Solinoid valve! Unplug ref. before you touch it some are line voltage. Some have a screen you can clean but they're pretty easy to replace.If you wanna go hi-tech, tap it a couple times with the handle of a screwdriver it may free up.

Advertisement

mikemy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:52 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks for the advice. I ended up replacing the valve and it's working properly now.
Bigman610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
Diesel Fitter

Rewards Points: 150

no charge
mikemy6 is offline   Reply With Quote