Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #1

Share |

Oven Long time to Warm-Up

I have a GE Spectra electric slide in oven and cooktop. The unit itself is about 8 years old, but it's only had about one year of actual use. It takes about 25 minutes for the oven to heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and getting lightweight pots to warm up on the cooktop takes a long time too. Is this a fixable problem or is it time for a new oven? If the latter, I am limited to a slide in oven. What are some brands of electric ovens that have fast warm-up times.

AZSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #2

Oven Long time to Warm-Up

Sounds like you came from a house with a gas range ;-)
In my experience the quartz burners (flat top) heat up the fastest. The faster the heating, the more money for the range.
For now you can pull the burners out and check the ends and make sure the contacts are clean. The plug-ins for the burners do wear out. As far as the oven goes, 25 mins for 450 doesn't sound unreasonable.

Master of Cold is offline   Reply With Quote