Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Oven door hinge replacement

My oven door hinges are both broken and I have to replace them. This is on a Jenn-Air Self-cleaning Grill/Range, Model S105 C. The stove is connected to an exhaust pipe vented to the outside. I have never done this before, although I have repaired other appliances. I have located a couple of sources for replacement hinges, but I need a repair manual. Or I need someone out there to step me through the process. Like: do I have to disconnect the venting system? Remove the oven liner? Truly a newbie in this task.

All help and advice gladly received and thoroughly appreciated.

TIA.

amen2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by amen2u View Post
Like: do I have to disconnect the venting system? Remove the oven liner? Truly a newbie in this task.

TIA.
no do not remove vent system do not remove liner . remove the 2 screws from both hinges, push upward on the hinge, if your lucky you can now pull out on the bottom of hinge and start to pull it out of the opening. If you are real lucky you can now pull it right out, if not post again with your progress.

hardwareman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Hey, thanks hardwareman. I have just ordered the hinges so it will be a while before I get them. But I have looked closely at the oven door and understand your instructions. I see the screws in question. The oven door does not just lift off the hinges. There is a screw holding the door to the hinge on each side. I believe I have to unscrew this first and then lift off the door. There is another screw holding the hinge to the oven chassis.

Once removed. it might just be possible to remove the hinges by sliding them down into the space below the oven. I will of course try to push upward first and try to get the hinge out that way. Then I imagine I just have to reverse the procedure to install the new ones. I am much more confident now about doing the job.

I will keep you posted here as things develop.

Thanks for the prompt clear advice. Truly appreciated.
amen2u is offline   Reply With Quote