Oven Caused Other Breakers To Trip, Now Wont' Come On - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Oven caused other breakers to trip, now wont' come on

Last time we used our oven, it worked, but a bedroom breaker would trip every few minutes. We called our electrical company out and they said power to the house was fine. Now we go to use it again and it won't come on at all. The pre-heat timer comes on, but I don't hear a "click" that it's on and neither element gets hot. I thought it was some kind of short beforehand since other room's breakers were tripping. Any ideas?

It's a Whirlpool Electric range about 4 years old. If you help me find the model or serial #, I'll be glad to post it

Advertisement

tpattgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

Rewards Points: 1,070

Oven caused other breakers to trip, now wont' come on

sounds like you need to hire an electrician. First off there is no way the range should trip any other breakers in the house. If it is wired properly it would only trip the range breaker, as far as it not working now I would guess that it is not getting 220 volts. Save the aggravation and possibly an electrical fire and call the electrician.

Advertisement