Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #1

Share |

Not sure where to post this

My Sony flatscreen TV (not flat panel I cant afford one of those) will turn on but I have no picture or sound. The TV is about 6 years old and it worked fine yesterday. I turn it on the TV make the noise like it is on, and the light blinks like it is on but no picture or sound. I appreciate any help or direction toward help. The Sony people directed me to their approved fix it place and I cannot afford that. I need my TV
Murph

Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:25 AM   #2

You will not fix this tv as the skill set that is required, you do not have. I would try Craig's list for a used tv.
I had an 8 year old Sony that needed repair. I brought it in and spent $150. to fix it. It lasted 6 months and the same thing happened. I threw the set out and bought a Toshiba. I still have it 17 years later.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 AM   #3

I would call a repair shop with modle # in hand and try to pinpoint anything which could have occured with a remote control or other buttons before I put it at the curb, especially if you have kids with games.
I often turn on my tv and it's blank, but if I scroll through enough game controllers and source buttons on it comes again.
If you get straight to the point a tech will usually give you a couple of pointers before asking you to haul the TV inor heal sya he's seen that and it's probably....... Any good shop will do this to promote future replacements but don't expect a step by step service consultation.
Chemist1961 is offline   Reply With Quote