Need Help Replacing EOC On Kenmore Range - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need help replacing EOC on Kenmore Range

I have a Kenmore Range model number 790.95651001. Tonight I cooked supper in the oven and after I shut the oven off it started beeping and I got F1 error flashing on the display. I've come to the conclusion that I need to replace the electronic oven control, but I'm not exactly sure where or what this is. Is it just the display or is it all the "guts" inside the backguard? Any help we be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to buy a new range.

Advertisement

mjpfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Need help replacing EOC on Kenmore Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpfeiffer View Post
I have a Kenmore Range model number 790.95651001. Tonight I cooked supper in the oven and after I shut the oven off it started beeping and I got F1 error flashing on the display. I've come to the conclusion that I need to replace the electronic oven control, but I'm not exactly sure where or what this is. Is it just the display or is it all the "guts" inside the backguard? Any help we be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to buy a new range.
We had something similar happen to us a number of years ago, but with a Whirlpool range. I believe we did have the same error on the display. Basically we had the display, which also includes the function buttons, replaced. It was all one unit and it didn't take long to replace. I don't know the cost because it was under warranty at the time and a guy came out to replace it. I hope this helps!

Advertisement

Steelhead is offline   Reply With Quote