Moisture Problem - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

moisture problem

Hi everyone!
I need your advice on solving moisture problem. My bathroom gets terribly wet and I can't afford an electric dehumidifier at the moment and wonder if the crystal-type moisture trap would be helpful? Does anyone use it?

Advertisement

LindaSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 252

moisture problem

What you need is circulation/air turnover.

If you can't install a mechanical venting bathroom fan (preferably on a timer switch), opening a window is better than nothing. If a double hung type, open a bit at top on upper pane, open a bit of bottom pane. Blinds and or shades not obstructing. That's your only hope of some limited circulation. Shorten shower/bath times.

Advertisement

diyorpay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

moisture problem

Those crystals are mainly for cupboards and small confined areas that stay closed most of the time.
Even a box fan from wal-mart would help. Set it in the doorway and let it run for a while.
Master of Cold is offline   Reply With Quote