Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #1

Share |

Maytag Jetclean Not Draining

My Maytag Jetclean dishwasher (I don't know the model#, but it is a late 90s-early 00s model at best guess) has suddenly taken to pooling water at the bottom. The first time, it overflowed onto the kitchen floor. Now it just fills enough to cover the heating element. There is an interior opening that is dripping slowly, but regularly...what IS this? -- see photo --

I took the lower spray arm, filter/screen ring, and cover plate off -- it all looked clean enough. I took the lower-front plate off and looked around...I nodded to myself and replaced the cover...nothing smacked me in the face as looking wrong.

- Running a rise cycle drains the washer
- Running a regular load drains the washer
- If it can drain while operating, doesn't that indicate that it is able to drain correctly?

I've read some of the other posts on clogged washers... can running vinegar through with a few rise or wash cycles take care of a clog or should further pump/pipe/parts dissection occur?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maytag Jetclean Not Draining-imag3569.jpg  

jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

not sure exactly what your problem is. Is it leaving water at the end of the wash? Or is it filling back up later. That dripping water through that opening is an indication that you have a water valve that is not completely shutting off and water is always dripping inside.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. It is completely dry after a wash cycle. Water has pooled as soon as the next day. After each wash the side opening I mentioned doesn't seem to be immediately dripping again--I'm not sure how soon after a wash it resumes dripping.

As for the water valve... your best guess... would this be an internal valve of the washer or external valve feeding the washer?

Thanks.
jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

dishwasher part. Its the part on your dishwasher that the water supply line hooks to.