Maytag Dryer problem
Our Maytag dryer has a dampness sensor and for some reason, the Dryness Control Board, keeps blowing a transistor and thus going out. If it makes a difference the MFR# is 33002905 and I can get it online for about $25, but I hate replacing it all the time.
Any idea what may cause this? Where it seems to blow on the board is where the yellow w/ blue stripe wire goes to the harness. I haven't yet pulled the back of dryer off (may need to repull front as well) to see what that goes to. I'm guess a sensor of some sort.
It seems to happen about once a year. Today, I pulled the front panel off and cleaned real well, it was a bit linty in there, but wouldn't say it was horrible. I also sent the shop vac into the exhaust of dryer to get any little bit in there, but again, it didn't look that bad, as my wife does clean the filter on every load.
It is also the same exact spot on the board that blows every time! The dryer is probably 7-9 years old. Short of something inside malfunctioning prior to the board, the only other thing I can forsee is that maybe it's my vent. I should add, when I replace this board all works correctly, but when this blows the timer doesn't advance as it senses the clothes are wet and it's inteli dry.
The dryer has been in the basement the last several years and thus to get it outside, I have about a 7' rise of 4" pipe that then goes about 15' horizontally to exit the house. All pipe, except for about 2', is rigid pipe, taped at seams, and only 3 90's, which includes the short 2' of aluminum flex pipe that I have installed so it can easily be pulled from the wall. Is it possible my exhaust run is putting too much stress on the exhaust/heating and thus causing it to overheat?
The only reason, I question that is, my wife thinks it happened the first time, when laundry was on main floor and exited right out the wall, with only about 3' of hose to get there!
I haven't cleaned the horizontal pipe for some time, but am planning on buying a brush to see if it has much lint in there, maybe adding to the problem.
Any thoughts on this?? Thanks!