Magic Chef Range F1 - Always ECM/ERC? - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Magic Chef Range F1 - always ECM/ERC?

Our Magic Chef gas oven has been giving an F1 fault code for a while. Usually it will heat up, cycle off, then error out when the temp drops and it needs to heat again. Unplugging the unit for a while sometimes will get the oven to bake properly for a while, but eventually the F1 returns. The burners and broiler are unaffected.

In my research it seems that occasionally this can be caused by a bad oven sensor, but I checked the impedance on mine and it measures in range. All other info points to a bad ERC or touch pad. However, the diagnostic steps indicate to disconnect the touch pad. If there is no error after that it's the membrane, if there is an error it's the ERC. But I don't get the error all the time, just after a pre-heat. Will I be able to get the oven to heat up if the touch pad is disconnected? If not, is there anything else I can do to figure out what's causing the error?

Thanks.

Advertisement

bunglebungle is offline   Reply With Quote