Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #1

Share |

Loud Jen-aire oven

i have a jen-aire dual fuel oven range (model SVD48600P). When the temperature of the oven gets above 220 degrees a very loud fan turns on (it sounds like the fan that goes on when you are doing a self clean or broiling). the maytag guy said it was normal but there is no way that loud of a noise is normal. Plus, it hasn't always done this and i know someone else with the exact same model that doesn't make such a loud noise. Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

thanks

loudoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #2

Loud Jen-aire oven

was the maytag guy at your home listening to the fan or did you explain over technical hotline?

Viper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #3

Loud Jen-aire oven

he was at my home. he said he thought that is came on at too low of a temp. he, as well as the maytag technical helpline insisted that a fan is on those ranges, which I realize, but the noise is too loud. you can hear it from the other room. my father has the exact same oven...makes no noise.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #4

Loud Jen-aire oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudoven View Post
he was at my home. he said he thought that is came on at too low of a temp. he, as well as the maytag technical helpline insisted that a fan is on those ranges, which I realize, but the noise is too loud. you can hear it from the other room. my father has the exact same oven...makes no noise.
You seem to have the answer. Now you need to convince Maytag.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #5

Loud Jen-aire oven

do you think it is the blower fan. I was interested in ust doing this myself just don't know what the difficulty level is.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #6

Loud Jen-aire oven

it sounds like its probably a squirrel cage cooling motor, you might be away with just doing a small adjustment of the fan or maybe something got inside it... ex wires, insulation, paper manual ect... look for the easy stuff before you go replacing parts but better yet i would make another service call and request a different technician to come out. persistance and success go hand and hand....
ibzbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #7

Loud Jen-aire oven

also make sure its not you covection fan blade hitting the cover. is this sound happing on convection and or normal bake?

ibzbro is offline   Reply With Quote