Looking For A Gas Grill Around $300 - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Just call me Andrew

Rewards Points: 1,012

Looking for a gas grill around $300

Any recommendations? I am looking for something decent in size, with good quality racks (both top and bottom). Side burner isn't necessary. I can only seem to find reviews of top-end expensive ones. Kenmore looked ok in Sears, but a fellow shopper advised me against them.

This is a gift for my brother - one of his wants is even cooking - thoughts on Infrared?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by secutanudu; 04-12-2010 at 12:31 PM.
secutanudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Looking for a gas grill around $300

Your best bet is a Weber Genesis or Spirit series. I know it's out of your price range but a Weber will last 20 years or more IF taken care of.
I purchased a Genesis 3 weeks ago and had a hard time with the price. Once I got it home and started putting it together I was amazed at the quality of materials used and how everything went together, it fit like a glove.
The cookbox is 1/4" cast alum, hood is porcelin or SS and has 1/4" cast alum end caps, SS burners. You can get SS grates or porcelin enameled cast iron grates. I have never seen a grill that cooks as even as this and NO flare-ups.
I don't mean to sound sarcastic and I certainly don't mean to be putting you down but, $300 these days is going to get you a POS and your brother will be replaceing it in a couple of years from now.
You know the old saying, you get what you pay for. Take a look at the other grills, look at what they are constructed of, then look at Weber, you'll see what I mean. Here's a good website with information you're looking for.
http://www.bbqsource-forums.com/invb...hp?showforum=7

Advertisement

j_fricke is offline   Reply With Quote