Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Lid Switch for Kenmore washer

I have an older Kenmore All in One stacked washer/dryer unit. The lid switch for the washer is bad, and I am looking for a replacement. The label plate is worn, and I cannot make out one of the numbers, but from what I can read the model number is 417?89670800, with the ? replacing the unreadable number. There also appears to be a manufacture date of 1/88 on the plate, so the unit appears to be nearly 20 years old.

I would like to repair the unit if possible, as it still works well, but I am having trouble finding a replacement part without the complete model number. If anyone could help with the model, or part, number, I would appreciate it.

Steve76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Union HVAC Tech.

Rewards Points: 500

I took the two wires coming to mine and traced them back to a set of terminals and just jumped them out. It has never been an isuue my wife is the only one doing laundry and once the stuff is in she doesn't open it up til it's done.

bigMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #3

I actually have it jumped out right now, but I would like to actually fix it if possible.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
Union HVAC Tech.

When I called Sears they run @ $25 -$30 and with other brands @$5 I thought it was a rip off and said forget it. Take the switch you have to an appliance place and see if they can match it up to another brand. It's probably Whirlpool.
bigMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
Eibwen

I tried running it thru Sears parts sub'ing each possible digit for the variable and nothing popped up which could mean either its got another digit off in the number or parts are no longer avalaible.

The 417 prefix would mean it was actually made for Sears by Electrolux which has changed hands over the years.

But I agree with Big Mike, pull that thing off and take it to the good ol boy appliance parts store.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:23 AM   #6

I will shop around with the bad switch on Wednesday, as our Sears repair center is closed for the holidays. I will also take a look at Electrolux's website and see if I can find anything there.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 75

If you still have your owners manual the model number should be on it.

If not the part should have a part number on it that Sears will be able to identify.

Electrolux bought out Frigidaire.

girltech is offline   Reply With Quote