Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

LG washer ?

Well we messed up big time and need a little help. Have a LG front loading washer. The Mrs. cleaned the soap dispenser trays last night and must not have got them in right. Now the trays are wedged against the top so the soap door will not open. Is there an easy fix or do I need to disassemble the whole upper part of the washer to get the top off and set the trays right?

Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #2

LG washer ?

That sounds like a situation where pictures might help. One would think if it went in it should be able to follow the tracks back out. Can you get a feel for how much pull it will tolerate before breaking? And how much to replace the tray if it does break? Next I would weigh the cost of replacing the tray if it does come out in pieces against the difficulty and potential damage to taking the washer apart.

Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #3

LG washer ?

few points

LG sells replacement parts
the washer breaks down and comes apart.
if you do break anything, break the soap dish as it's cheap to replace, other parts around it are more costly

i learned this checking on parts for my dryer. believe it or not credit cards can slip past the lint trap and wedge in the blower. sounds like a bike wheel with cards. LG has a good distributor chain and after i tore my dryer open i learned i didn't even need anything
racebum is offline   Reply With Quote