Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-23-2007, 01:14 AM   #1
AK Hardware

Rewards Points: 10

Lg Or Samsung

I sell appliances and other home improvement type items. I work for a varity of suppliers and am being offered 2 new lines by compeating venders. 1 wants me to sell LG, I know it's been around longer and currently more widely available than Samsung, however I have not worked on either type of machines.

Currently I'm only considering the laundry machines. What do all of you think about the 2 brands? My cost and therfor selling price are VERY competative between the 2. I only want to sell the one that has fewer problems.

Thanks for your help.
Respectfully,
Niel

Niel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
Eibwen

Rewards Points: 500

Lg Or Samsung

I wont buy an LG product for the rest of my life and probably even after that. Had a big screen TV that was a lemon and thier support was so bad after six months that Best Buy had to step in and replace it at their own cost.

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Lg Or Samsung

I bought a LG LCD TV in May and it went out last Friday. Only 2 warranty service sites given to me and one of them wouldn't work on it since they didn't sell it. LG says that since they don't own the service center they have that option. So given that news I wouldn't rec LG unless I knew there were at least a couple of service centers that would work on it. LG probably won't get any more business from me.
oldgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Remodeler

Rewards Points: 250

Lg Or Samsung

I installed LG air conditioner a few weeks ago. All plastic parts inside. My customer and I returned it for a Frigidaire I believe. All metal inside. LG makes descent computer components but lacks in the appliance field.
One Man Shops
MinConst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:55 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

Lg Or Samsung

I was just skimming through a recent issue of consumer reports this morning. An LG OTR was the cheapest model, but ranked within the top 3 from what I remember (mind is slippin' though).
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 150

Lg Or Samsung

I've found support is very dependent on the re-seller... I've had no problems with any appliance I've bought from a reputable appliance store, but never had many good experiences at the big box stores...

Most of the appliances stores I dealt with kept track of my purchase and had a third party repair shop for warranty repairs.

In terms of the product itself, I have a LG fridge and am quite pleased with it's performance and have had it for about 2 years now.

slakker is offline   Reply With Quote