Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Leaking Frididaire

I have a Frigidaire Gallery side by side that has started leaking recently. The leak seems to occur once a day and as far as I can tell is originating from a plastic hose that goes into the bottom of the freezer side door.Is it possible the hose has rotted or the connction is no good. One other minor annoyance is I can no longer get crushed ice.If anybody can advise me about both problems I would really apperciate it.

GINGERGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Leaking Frididaire

Ginger,
I have a Frigidaire, its about nine years old and suddenly one day last week just quit cooling. I'm replacing because there is little that can be done with them, and to have repaired is not worth the money. The first part of your problem is likley a plugged hose, there is a pan on the bottom of refrig. it catches any water coming from your refrig, and evaporates, if the drain tube is plugged because of dust dirt ect. it can back up. The second part of your problem your ice maker is cold enough, there maybe an adjusting control on it, you didn't say if freezer was staying cold. If you check out bottom of refrig for plugged pipe unplug the refrig first. your owners manual should tell you how to check this out, look under trouble shooting.
Gary

gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Diesel Fitter

Rewards Points: 150

Leaking Frididaire

Gary is almost certanly correct about the hose since it happens once a day, but you dont have a problem with making ice just crushing it correct and it does feed whole cubes and water through the door,yes? Im not sure on the crusher but Ill see if i can get some info for you. Ill need Mod # when u reply.

Last edited by mikemy6; 03-27-2007 at 01:10 PM.
mikemy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

Leaking Frididaire

I take it this is a side by side fridge.

Check in the bottom of the freezer section for a layer of ice. If there is ice on the bottom of the freezer your drain is plugged. To clean the drain you will have to take the back wall of the freezer out. This will expose the evaporator coils. There is a trough that the defrost water goes in to that drains to a pan under the fridge. Run a pipe cleaner down the drain pipe. This will fix the leak.

For the crushed ice problem it can be a number of things. Check the solenoid at the back of the ice dispensing bucket in the freezer. It also could be the switch in the door.

If you still have the fridge and are still having problems here is a good place to get Frigidaire parts.
girltech is offline   Reply With Quote