Leaking Dishwasher - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 3,026
Rewards Points: 2,232
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


My two-year-old top of the line LG dishwasher has had a leak for several months. Water comes out from the bottom of the door, on the left side of the unit. About a pint or so every time it's run.

I thought at first the water could be leaking past a rubber seal that's on the bottom of the door, but have learned on another DIY forum that sometimes water can get inside the door itself and run out the bottom.

LG Customer Service is less than useless. But, suddenly, the leak has completely stopped. The unit has been run maybe a dozen times with nary a drop of water leaking out. How could this be?? Has anyone else experienced such a thing??

Advertisement

md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 94
Rewards Points: 75
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


Have you recently changed the amount or type of soap that you use?

Advertisement

jfrotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 3,026
Rewards Points: 2,232
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


No, I haven't. We got a bunch of free Culligan detergent and stuff when we bought our water softener, so that's all the dishwasher has ever seen.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 4,645
Rewards Points: 2,604
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
My two-year-old top of the line LG dishwasher has had a leak for several months. Water comes out from the bottom of the door, on the left side of the unit. About a pint or so every time it's run.

I thought at first the water could be leaking past a rubber seal that's on the bottom of the door, but have learned on another DIY forum that sometimes water can get inside the door itself and run out the bottom.

LG Customer Service is less than useless. But, suddenly, the leak has completely stopped. The unit has been run maybe a dozen times with nary a drop of water leaking out. How could this be?? Has anyone else experienced such a thing??
yep sure have sounds like door seal... had acouple do this replaced seal ..problem solved...
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 3,026
Rewards Points: 2,232
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


Thanks. Problem is, LG doesn't sell the seal that's attached to the door separately.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 4,645
Rewards Points: 2,604
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
Thanks. Problem is, LG doesn't sell the seal that's attached to the door separately.
sorry to hear that....but thats why I have stayed with maytag,whirlpoll, sears...you get where iam comming from some of these new lines don't always make the better buy....ask lg rep if that is a common problem before you do anything....and wait till it leaks again...ben
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
#1 HAWKEYE FAN
 
hardwareman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,580
Rewards Points: 1,070
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


don't worry it will leak again. LGs are notorious for inner door leaks. I've always found that it was related to the door vent or vent motor, both replaceable parts. LG service is terrible
__________________
................."I want a house that has gotten over all its troubles. I dont' want to spend the rest of life bringing up a young and inexperienced house"...........
hardwareman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hardwareman For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (04-24-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 3,026
Rewards Points: 2,232
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwareman View Post
don't worry it will leak again. LGs are notorious for inner door leaks. I've always found that it was related to the door vent or vent motor, both replaceable parts. LG service is terrible
Thanks. I got a similar response on another forum.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 4,645
Rewards Points: 2,604
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
Thanks. Problem is, LG doesn't sell the seal that's attached to the door separately.
WHAT YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING>>>
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 3,026
Rewards Points: 2,232
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


No, I'm not. LG Customer Service said I would have to buy an entire door assembly.

I will never, ever purchase another LG product.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 4,645
Rewards Points: 2,604
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
No, I'm not. LG Customer Service said I would have to buy an entire door assembly.

I will never, ever purchase another LG product.
small story...my brother bought a furnace..won't say name...he had nothing but trouble from install on after 6 months with reps,and service companys..he demaned a new furnace...no luck....again and again....he got mad..pulled the furnace out threw it in his truck took it to installing companys shop through it in the drive with a note....explaining his self...... it worked 2-weeks later received a refund check.....true story...ben iam just saying..
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 3,026
Rewards Points: 2,232
Default

Leaking Dishwasher


My luck, I'd get arrested for littering.

Advertisement

md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bosch Dishwasher leaking along bottom seal of door mtbdudex Appliances 14 10-13-2012 09:49 AM
portable kenmore dishwasher leaking tinkkmb Appliances 1 04-19-2011 06:32 AM
Water leaking out left side vent(?) of Dishwasher Barkley Online Appliances 8 01-14-2011 01:42 PM
Leaking Dishwasher Clean-up teamcanada Plumbing 0 06-23-2010 03:16 AM
New Dishwasher Water Line Leaking HELP! benchmarkman Appliances 4 12-13-2009 09:45 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts