Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Kitchenaid icemaker just stopped working

I have a KitchenAid refrigerator thatís 5 years old and Iím having trouble with it not producing any ice. The refrigerator model number is (KSRL25FRST04). Itís the side by side model with the ice bucket on the door. The Model # of the ice maker is S-106626663. Iím not getting any water from the inlet tube into the ice tray to make ice. I do get water out of the ice water unit on the front of the freezer door. Someone mentioned I might have a bad water valve thatís not shutting off the water which may be freezing the inlet tube with ice due to dribbling water, but thatís not the case. The inlet tube is soft and is not iced up hard as mentioned. Also mentioned were the infrared sensor assemblies from side to side that may be bad. I checked the red LED light on side, when the door is opened thereís two blinks follow a delay and two blinks and again followed a delay every two blinks. When the flapper is in the closed position I get a solid red LED light. The plastic ice ejector blades are in constant (slow) rotation. I was wondering if thereís something I can fix on my own before I call in a repair service. The Model # of the ice maker is S-106626663.

Thanks

ecarter312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

your infrared sensors are ok. If your icemaker is cycling like you say, then you probably do have a bad valve. You will need to check the valve to see if it receiving voltage when the icemaker is in the fill position.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #3

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, that's what I was thinking too. I have a volt meter, but not sure how to check the voltage on the valve. Could you give me a brief tutorial?
Thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

your valve in the back will have 2 solenoids on it, 1 for ice 1 for water. Figure out which solenoid is for ice by checking the wiring diagram or following the water tubing up to the ice maker. Your ice maker sends voltage to the solenoid when the fingers are at approximately 12 O'Clock. Check for 120 volts at solenoid. When you are back there you should be able to hear and feel the solenoid engage.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #5

Great! That's exactly what I needed.

Thanks again
Old 05-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwareman View Post
your valve in the back will have 2 solenoids on it, 1 for ice 1 for water. Figure out which solenoid is for ice by checking the wiring diagram or following the water tubing up to the ice maker. Your ice maker sends voltage to the solenoid when the fingers are at approximately 12 O'Clock. Check for 120 volts at solenoid. When you are back there you should be able to hear and feel the solenoid engage.
I have this same issue and when i check the voltage at the solenoid for the ice maker stays around 9 and when the fingers are up the voltage drops to zero for a couple of seconds then goes back to around 9. I also switched the solenoid for the door water to the ice maker line and when i press the water door switch the water would fill the ice maker.

ebsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote