Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #1

Share |

Kitchen Stereo/IPOD

not sure where to post this- Looking for a good sounding kithen stereo- Looks like most of the under the cabinet ones have speakers built in- Do they make any where you can run better speakers farther apart? Almost like a surround sound? My thought was I could put some speakers up on top of the cabinets in the back perhaps...... just a thought- just looking for something more than the standard that Walmart sells.
Huskyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
Retired from the grind

Kitchen Stereo/IPOD

If not planning on cranking it up to rock concert levels, just get either a Sonos or iHome. If wanting speakers, place them in the ceiling, but use a 70v system. That means you will need a amp and a dock placed somewhere, where you can attach the iDevice at.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Coconut Pete's paella!

Kitchen Stereo/IPOD

I have 2 iHomes.

They both will play the music from my iPods and iPhones.

Both will charge my iPod.

Only one will charge my iPhone 4S.

Neither would fit if I bought an iPhone 5.

See where I'm getting at? ( I'm speaking in riddles, I know)

Here's where I'm getting at: Buy one with bluetooth!

Honestly, the iHomes are great and they sound great, but with Apple changing their products constantly they will lose functionality way before they should. I was just at my brother in laws the other day, he has one of those little sound bar looking things that just picks up your music over bluetooth. In the kitchen you won't be blasting anything at concert levels anyway so quality loss should not be noticeable and you won't be at the mercy of "planned obsolescence" of the apple plugs and adapters.
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote