Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #1

Share |

Kenmore side by side refrigerator coldspoot model 52582201 not cooling

Hi all.. please help me diagnose the problem..The fan below the fridge in the back side behind the freezer is running, The fan inside freezer above coils is running(evap fan?).. but no cold air.

There was no frost inside freezer... the compressor in the back is warm/hot but does not vibrate(is it suppose to?)

unplugged the unit for about 2 hrs...vacuum vents

Please help.. I'm tight on budget so if I can DIY with your help I'd really appreciate ...somewhat handy with tools... Thanks

jkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
#1 HAWKEYE FAN

so you really don't know if the compressor is running? if it is not running it could be a bad compressor relay or the compressor itself could be bad. If it is running then it could be low on refrigerant and/ or a bad compressor. Either way its not a good situation.

tperkovich (03-17-2012)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #3

Replaced the compressor relay.. The old one was broken as it was rattling when shake and little ceramic pieces came out when opened. SO far looks like the cold air is coming in the freezer but it's only been 15 minutes or so since I plugged it back on.... fingers crossed... Just Hope the compressor didn't get damaged and relay was the only problem.
jkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #4

Does anyone know where I can get the refrigerant or compressor for this model on a sunday?
tperkovich is offline   Reply With Quote