Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #1

Share |

Kenmore icemaker problem

I replaced the icemaker. I replaced the wiring harness. I've tested both solonoid valves. When can I expect the icemaker to fill with water? Should it fill with water the instant the icemaker arm is flipped down to the on position or is this all part of the wait 24 hours process?

bikercraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #2

Kenmore icemaker problem

The Whirlpool icemaker is the most common icemaker for Kenmore refrigerators. If you pull off the front cover of this icemaker you should see test holes marked with letters. If you don’t see the test holds post back with the model number.

If you make a jumper wire with an insulated piece of wire skinned on both ends and short out the V and the L holes water should enter the icemaker.

If water does not enter the icemaker check the tube that enters the back of the icemaker to see if it is clogged with ice. If so clean the ice out and replace the water valve and if not just replace the water valve.

Note that if you have a model with the ice-bin mounted in the door this will not work.

Last edited by Scuba_Dave; 09-30-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: removed adv link in post
applianceman is offline   Reply With Quote